What is Hypnobirthing and How Can It Help Me?
Hypnobirthing AustraliaTM is an independent childbirth education class that will give you and your partner the tools you need to have a calm, relaxed and positive birthing experience no matter how you give birth.
We teach current evidence based techniques and birth choices so you can make empowered decisions on where and how you give birth to your baby. Unlike hospital birth classes, we aren’t restricted to giving you pregnancy & birth information based on a particular hospital’s policies and procedures so we can deliver the most comprehensive childbirth education in Australia.
Our course will cover a huge range of relevant topics, some of them are: the physiology of labour & birth, the mind-body connection and how you can use self-hypnosis to overcome fears, breathing techniques during your surges, tools for you and your birth partner to use and birthing positions.
No matter what type of birth you are planning, the tools and techniques we teach in a Hypnobirthing AustraliaTM course will help you create a positive mindset, feel calm and empowered during your pregnancy and the birth of your baby. Over the duration of the course you will be taught techniques to be able to relax and allow your body to labour efficiently and calmly through self-hypnosis that you will be able to attain easily when the need arises. These techniques are designed to help all women, whether they are having a natural birth or a caesarean, to feel empowered and calm while delivering their baby.
The course is run over 12 hours and is broken down into 4 units that are 3 hours long and is run in a group setting. This is perfect for connecting and talking with other couples who are around the same stage in pregnancy as you, some of whom you may form lasting friendships with. There is also the option of being taught during a private at-home session if that suits you better.
- Introduction to the positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- Causes of Fear (including history) and how it affects our labour
- The role of our caregivers
- Mind/body connection
- What is hypnosis and how will we use it for birthing?
- Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- My amazing uterus- understanding the physiology behind birthing
- Our hormones are our friends
- Re-programming the Subconcious
- Birthing environment
- The language for empowered birthing
- Introducing our toolkit for birthing
- The Power of Affirmations
- Conditioning techniques for birth
- Hypnosis tracks, birth music, aromatherapy
- Releasing endorphins through touch
- Choices in maternity care
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Staying Active- exercise during pregnancy
- Tips for Optimal Foetal Positioning
- The importance of facial relaxation
- Relaxation Breathing – a skill for life
- Surge Breathing – the best tool ever!
- The “urge” to push/bear down – breathing down
- Visualisations for pregnancy & birth
- Pre-birth bonding
- Bonding with baby at birth
- “Guess date” – a normal range of pregnancy
- Inductions- things you are not always told
- Achieving a natural start to labour
- Instant relaxation techniques
- Self-hypnosis techniques to practice alone
- Using triggers, anchors, suggestion, self hypnosis during pregnancy and birth
- Birth Preferences – the importance of open communication with your caregivers
- Special circumstances
- Membranes Releasing
- Questions to help you make good decisions
- Birth companion as advocate
- Your rights as a childbearing woman
- Breech or Posterior – options & positions
- Hypnosis for releasing fears
- What to expect through labour and birth
- When to call the midwife/go to the hospital
- Birthing Positions
- The birth partner’s role
- Cord clamping & placenta delivery
- Undisturbed bonding/breastfeeding time – skin to skin
- Hypnosis – Rehearsal for Birth